Position: Fermentation Production Staff
Pyramid Ferments is searching for a production assistant to work with us in the creation of fermented foods and beverages. We need a dedicated, enthusiastic, hard working and trustworthy person to join our business. Training is provided but experience with commercial food production, natural foods and sales is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate has an interest in local food and desire to learn about the art of fermentation.
Pyramid Ferments creates a unique line of fermented foods and beverages such as Sauerkraut, Kimchi and Kombucha. We service retail locations from Toronto to Ottawa. We are seeking a dedicated, motivated and reliable employee to join our growing operation. We need a dynamic person for a mix of kitchen work and potential event sales/demos.
Our commercial kitchen and fermentation facility is based in Prince Edward County, ON. A successful applicant would need to have their own transportation as we operate from a rural location with no access by municipal transit.
Ideal candidate would be between 18-30(to be eligible for existing wage subsidy). Position is 30-35 hours a week.
Location: Northport, Ontario(Prince Edward County)
Duration: Full Time
Wage: $16/hr for 30-35 hours per week
Responsibilities and Experience:
Food preparation, maintenance, jarring, labelling, recipe development, sales.
Food preparation- learn how to process raw ingredients into fermented foods and beverages.
- Following and developing recipes- learn to create our product line as well as assisting in new product development.
- Quality Standards-care for the different products, troubleshoot and monitor them through the aging process.
- Product packaging- jarring finished product, labeling and storage.
- Cleaning and maintenance-maintain cleanliness of kitchen facility and fermentation area.
- Packing for wholesale orders and deliveries.
- Represent our business in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must have own transportation.
- Executing food preparation tasks with speed and accuracy (e.g., washing produce, chopping for recipes, assembly, etc.)
- Work with a team or alone in a steady work environment.
- Repetitive production tasks (e.g. jarring, chopping, etc.)
- Maintaining high quality of final product
- Executing kitchen tasks
- Restocking inventory (e.g., receiving deliveries of ingredients, stocking shelves/fridge, etc.)
- Communicating with other staff and managers effectively
- Physical requirements of the job include:
- Frequent standing and walking
- Repetition in production tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
To apply, please send your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!